Located in Portage, home to the Indiana Dunes National Park, Michael is an active member of the Northwest Indiana Green Party where he coordinates the communications team that maintains the NWIGreenParty.org website and the monthly e-news letter. He has also served as the Treasurer of the Indiana Green Party for the past year – trying to bring order to the chaos that has been the administration of our state party (at least on the financial side). Michael will be starting a local political campaign for 2023 elections and Indiana law does not allow a person to serve as treasurer of a state party and the chair of a campaign. Still he wants to serve the statewide Green Movement and is running for the position of Communications Director.
Michael’s plans for the role as Communications Director are the following:
- forming a collaborative team for PR and technology
- review and redesign of the website
- improve branding and creative designs across communications modes
- regular e-newsletters for party and local development
- being a supportive resource for campaigns and fundraising activities
- working with you to spread the word about the importance of our Green revolution in Indiana.